Wednesday, March 24, 2010

C is for cookie...and crappy camera


First of all...I ordered the Blendtec! I looked at both the websites and decided this would be a better choice for me. I'm so excited! I've been saving for months and soon I'll be making banana soft-serve and soup and all kinds of cool stuff instead of limping along with this:

My WCB. At least it was free (thank you Freecycle!) but the stupid thing doesn't chop ice and I took the jar off yesterday to find a gaping hole in the plastic by the motor. No bueno.

I tried another cookie recipe today, but true to Kellapillar creative cooking, I used the recipe as a guide and ended up changing it quite a bit. I wanted something healthy, delicious and energy-packed to snack on at work and school, so I give you my latest kitchen creation, the Kellapillar Kookie.



This picture is terrible, but for some reason I can't get a clear picture out of my camera today. I need to play with the settings some more, but my camera isn't much better than my blender to begin with.

Still, they were delicious and got me through a day of running around after other people's kids.

Kellapillar Kookies

3 T natural peanut butter
1 T agave
1 T maple syrup
1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
1 C whole wheat flour
3/4 C quick oats
1/3 C ground flaxseed
1/3 C raisins
1/8 C shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/4 C dark chocolate chips
2 T canola oil
1 t baking powder
1/4 t Real Salt
1 1/2 t vanilla
1+ t cinnamon (optional)

Mix all ingredients together. If the batter is too moist, add flour. If it's dry and falling apart, add applesauce. Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about ten minutes. Devour.

Even Sam, who is very leery of "vegan food" and healthified desserts liked them!

I'll leave you with some cute pictures of Louka's latest shenanigans.

This paper bag is her favorite thing in the world.



Her latest hobby: spying on the neighbors.


Kellapillar out.

2 comments:

  1. cute kitty... such pretty green eyes!

    congrats on ordering a new blendtec! i'm expecting my new vita-mix any day now. isn't it exciting?!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies sound good; lots of tasty ingredients!

    ReplyDelete