Saturday, March 20, 2010

Springy brunch!



The first day of spring should be a national holiday. I despise winter, snow, cold, and anything of that sort (what am I doing in northern Utah?!) so the first day of spring is a big deal for me.
After a morning walk, I came home and got busy in the kitchen making this pretty spring brunch:

Delicious whole-wheat banana pancakes topped with fresh fruit, agave and homemade pb-maple spread!

That's quite a mouthful. In more ways than one.

I love banana pancakes, so I used a variation of CCK's apple raisin pancakes (which are amazing by the way), and here's what it ended up looking like:

Nummy 'Nana Pancakes:

1 C whole-wheat pastry flour
1/8 oats (or just throw in a handful like I did)
2 T ground flaxseed
2 t baking powder
1/4 Real Salt
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
1 smashed 'nana
1 C water

Mix, pour on the griddle and flip when they get bubbly, and remove when cooked through.

Mix a little pb with some cinnamon and maple syrup, and spread on top. Sam took one bite and exclaimed "These are delicious!" Well, it came out more like "'Ees are 'elishis!", then he asked for more. He's usually not a fan of whole-wheat pancakes, so this recipe is a keeper. Of course, anything tastes good when you cover it with pb and maple syrup.

So who else is excited for spring? Here in Utah, many people are mourning the end of ski season. Are you a snow bunny or a spring baby? Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Kella

5 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing a healthy cooking blog. My husband and I have been a food revolution for a few months now, because of what we have read about the food industry. Have you seen the movie "Food Inc." It's very good. Also there is a book called 'Gorgeously Green' I highly recommend. I'm so excited to try some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to find it, but I've seen the trailer and I've read about it. I haven't read "Gorgeously Green", but I'll check it out! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for all your support and entries, have a great nite hon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy to "meet" you! love that you are switching to an animal-friendly diet. cute blog name too! (i'm a hungry kellipillar!=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kelli! I was worried it was kind of a goofy name, but I'm a goofy person. Kellapillar it is.

    ReplyDelete