Friday, March 19, 2010

I heart cooking.


I didn't mean for this to be a post, but I these are the thoughts running around in my head as I organized all my new recipes.

I love to cook. I love hunting for the perfect recipe, shopping for ingredients, not following the recipe at all, mixing everything together, playing with different appliances and toys in the kitchen, putting it all together and sampling the final product. Sometimes, I'm the only one who likes my creation. I guess it's kinda like being a parent. Other people might think you're little child creations are odd, but you find them delightful.

I’ve never much liked cooking meat because it’s just a hunk of meat; not much to do with it. It’s a very impersonal thing to cook. You can cut it up or put stuff on it, fry it, bake it, whatever, but it’s just a dead thing that won’t take on much life in the pan, in your mouth, or in your soul. I like to work with live, colorful, versatile foods that taste amazing and make me feel good.

I’m not vegan, but I love vegan cooking because it feels good, feels kind, and I’m up for a challenge. I’m especially interested in raw cooking, because it’s constant grocery shopping for fresh ingredients and lots of chopping and mixing; my very favorite parts!

I'm going to make a fruit run and maybe hit up Good Earth for a few things. Another day, another culinary adventure!


Kella

No comments:

Post a Comment