Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Three yummy lunches


I love coming home between school and work for a homemade lunch. I usually for for something light because I like to snack in the afternoon. Here are three lunchies I made this week:

A big ol' green salad with avocado, peppers, broc, and homemade carrot-orange-ginger dressing.

Carrot-orange-ginger dressing:

5 or 6 baby carrots, or 1 or 2 large ones
Up to 1/4 C OJ
2 t mac nut oil (optional)
ginger to taste

Blend until smooth. Add a little more oj to keep things moving.


Wrap with whole wheat torilla, chickpeas, salsa, avocado, spinach, and fresh chives.

And the lunch of the week:

Sesame maple ginger glazed tofu on a humongous salad!

I got this recipe from the incomparable Averie from Love Veggies and Yoga! I loved it so much, I think it might be my lunch tomorrow too.
But go check out Averie's blog; it's one of my very favorites and her recipes are out of this world. I recommend the peanut sauce with zuke noodles and the raw cookie dough balls. Also, Averie is an amazing Yogini, so if you're looking for a side of yoga tips with your dinner, she's your girl.

Recipe is here.

Ok Kella, less blogging and more homework. Four more weeks till graduation.

Happy eating!

Kella



3 comments:

  1. your 1st comment worked, it went thru but then i got your 2nd one too so here i am to say you made the tofu and it looks great!!
    thanks for linking back and i hope you have an awesome nite, hon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid computer pretended it didn't work the first time. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty colors! I love big and vibrant salads.

    ReplyDelete