Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sleepy Sunday post.

I hope everyone out in the blogoshpere is enjoying wonderful weather this weekend! I haven't seen a cloud in days and flowers are popping up all over the place, tree branches are weighed down with blossoms, and little birds are hopping around with beakfuls of twigs to build their nests. This was one nasty winter, and I'm soooo glad it's over!
No recipes today, but thought I'd leave you with a few silly Louka pictures and a survey question.

We know who wears the pants in the family.

I was working at my desk, and she just hopped up and wedged herself right in. Of all places.

Today's topic: Comfort Food

Are you totally free of emotional eating, or do you have a favorite comfort food? I think it's funny how different people have totally different foods. I love sweet things like my chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and the chocolate/peanut butter combo always works. Notice all the peanut butter cups and thumbprint cookies and stuff all over my blog.
Sam, on the other hand, likes meaty stuff like pepperoni pizzas and bacon burgers.
Do you think emotional eating is always bad, or is it ok sometimes? I think a good cookie can brighten any day, but constant emotional eating isn't the best thing for obvious reasons. Do you struggle with this? How do you keep your hands out of the cookie jar every time you have a rotten day?

Nap time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I am a completely emotional eater. My comfort food is Arby's. Seriously. The Curly fries, the chicken sandwiches, the roast beef sandwich, ALL LOADED with arby's sauce. Also...CODE RED MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!
    Every time I have a rotten day instead of going to my local drive thru arby's and spending all my tips from the day, I try doing something else. Sewing, RUNNING, or forcing myself to eat something healthy. I've gotten better at it. I used to say, screw it, and eat whatever I want. I remind myself how hard i've been working at eating healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not at all free of emotional eating. It's become much better in the past year, but when I feel stressed or anxious, I can just eat and eat and eat. I want salty & crunchy, and chocolate. In any vegan form. My emotional eating is usually not okay, unless the food causes me to feel happy and I didn't eat it from a place of anxiety. I'm not sure that really counts as emotional eating though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally an emotional eater, and that is one thing that i wish i could control. But I am working on it ever single day. :)

    Louka is so adorable! I just want to HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the super awesome comment you left me yesterday. it made my afternoon :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete