Thursday, April 29, 2010

Violently Chocolately

The weather sucks and I've been having mean chocolate cravings all day, so I decided to fight fire with fire.
My baking supplies are a little sparse right now, but this Brownie Recipe from Fitness Magazine is pretty simple, so I fired up the Kitchen Aid and whipped up a batch. It calls for 4 tablespoons of butter, so you could sub Earth Balance or Smart Balance Light if you want vegan brownies. I also used about 4X the chocolate chips the recipe called for...
I baked it for 18 minutes, and the middle was still gooey, but I like it that way. Here's what I got:

With my ooey gooey piece out of the middle. Seriously, I don't know what I even bother to bake stuff sometimes. I got really insane and devoured it with a scoop of Soy Dream chocolate fudge brownie.

The verdict?

Oh. My. Gosh.

A big, gooey bowl of chocolatey amazingness with more chocolate on top.

And I feel like I won't want chocolate for a week. Take that craving!

But soooo good.

The Very Hungry Kellapillar


4 comments:

  1. Oh MAN those look good. I love leaving my brownies gooey too!

    You commented recently about having the same mixing bowl as I do—well, I have that same heart pan! (Seen in the second pic here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we do have a lot in common, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa..that looks so good!

    and thx for saying my post today was one of your fave ever...too sweet of you!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tried the soy dream! I'm so happy! That looks delicious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete